Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas
Southwest Bay Street, Nassau (in the southwest of New Providence Island), on the property of South Ocean Golf and Beach Resort
The company is divided into five divisions:
• Dive Bahamas
• Snorkel Bahamas
• SUB Bahamas
• Fin Photo
• Stuart Cove’s Underwater Productions
Full service dive resort
• Dive sites available for beginners to expert-level divers
• Up to five dives per day are offered
• Professional dive instructors working with small groups of guests
• Rental equipment and Nitrox available
• The most exciting scooter is now available at Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas: with the Sea Bob one reaches unprecedented speeds. There are hardly any more exciting dives; larger diving areas or wrecks can be dived quickly and safely. A giant fun!
• Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas is currently the only PADI Free Dive Center in the Bahamas. 2 times a day you can dive world-known wrecks, reefs and walls.
• With the Snorkel Bahamas program guests visit three locations to see the underwater delights of the island first hand, including shipwrecks and sharks.
• The newest underwater activity in Nassau. Underwater rides on a SUB (Scenic Underwater Bubbles) bike with dome keeping the head dry. Fresh air is supplied by scuba equipment on board the SUB, no hose and regulator to breathe through
• Great underwater activity for non-divers: easy scuba diving for 20 – 30 minutes without special certification and experience. The complete equipment is provided.
Full service digital underwater photography and videography service
• The staff of Fin Photo documents the activities at Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas. DVDs and digital images can be purchased by guests. Rentals of underwater cameras and accessories available. Six full time photo pros offer underwater photography and videography classes
• Marine location production work for photo shoots, television commercials, television documentaries and feature films
• Feature jobs include 4 Bond Films and JAWS, major broadcasting companies such as CNN and BBC work with Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas on a regular basis.
365 days a year, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Leading dive operator for shark diving. Shark Adventure two-tank program at four shark dive sites. First dive is a free swim with the sharks along a wall (no bait, natural encounters), second dive is a shark feeding dive (divers form a semi-circle kneeing on the sand bottom around a professional shark feeder with bait box, close encounters)
• Shark Awareness Specialty Course, Shark Feeder Program and SharkShooter Program for amateur photographers
• 13 locations with ship and airplane wrecks, including a 200 foot freighter and several wrecks used for film sets
• In Partnership with Island Preacha Weddings, half day and full day trips, private boat charters
Coral Breeding Program
• The PADI Coral Nursery & Restoration Specialty Course is designed for everyone to learn and enhance skills to protect the animals.
PADI courses (Open Water Diver up to Divemaster as well as Specialty courses and Freediver courses) and IDC courses (EFR Instructor, MSTD course, IDC staff instructor)
Boats & diving
Seven dive vessels, with five of the boats over 12 meters in length. Up to five dives per day are offered: Two dives in the morning, two additional dives in the afternoon. Optional night dives available on selected evenings. Dive sites encompass steep vertical walls, shallow tropical reefs, ship and airplane wrecks and locations that were used as underwater filming sets. Moreover, Shark Adventures (free swims as well as feeding dives) and Wall Flying Adventures (with underwater scooters) are offered.
Official Website of Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas: www.stuartcove.com
Official facebook page of Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas: www.facebook.com/StuartCoves/
Visitors Authority of the Bahamas: www.bahamas.com/de
For more information on Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas, please contact Christoph Hoppe, Tourism Unlimited, at stuartcovedive [at] tourism-unlimited.com